[Asterisk-Users] snom 200 and hold

Michael Swan swan at neon.com
Thu May 20 10:28:37 MST 2004

Hi,

I've looked through the archives and seen references to placing calls on
hold on a snom 200 (any version of the firmware but we have the latest:
2.05e.)

Basically, we can't place calls on hold on the snom 200! The manual
talks about the Flash button (which is really the "R" button, as far as I
can tell.) Pressing the R button will immediately disconnect the incoming
call. Another poster to this list indicated one could just choose another
line and the current line will be put on hold. This is not true on our phone:
again, the original call is immediately disconnected.

We've been all over the settings in the snom 200 and have tweaked a
bunch of parameters.

So: how does one place an incoming call on hold on a snom 200 so that
we can do "attended" transfer?

Michael Swan
Neon Software, Inc.