[Asterisk-Users] Error running festival command

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu May 20 10:08:11 MST 2004

I'm finding I can't run two festival commands in the same connection.  Given
the following:

exten => 555,1,Answer
exten => 555,2,Wait(1)
exten => 555,3,Festival(mary had a little lamb)
exten => 555,4,Wait(1)
exten => 555,5,Festival(she also had a duck)
exten => 555,6,Hangup

Calling 555 gets the first line, then I get the error:

May 20 17:59:16 WARNING[1301883824]: rtp.c:386 ast_rtp_read: RTP Read error:
Resource temporarily unavailable

..and the line goes dead (but stays active).

I guess I could just record the output from festival and stuff it in the
sounds directory, but it seems a hack rather than a solution.

Would upgrading to the CVS version help?  I haven't gone live with the system
yet (still waiting for the FXO card to be shipped from the US) so am fairly
flexible at the moment...

Tony