[Asterisk-Users] Mystery SIP channels

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 20 09:12:53 MST 2004

Hi!

> What address is that?  Is it a phone (or address of a PC with a softphone?)
>
> > Has anyone seen this before?  This channel is consistently
> > present on both of my asterisk servers.  Sometimes they
> > disappear for a few seconds and then come back.  It always
> > has the same Call ID.
> >
> > voip1*CLI> sip show channels
> > Peer             User/ANR    Call ID      Seq (Tx/Rx)  Lag      Jitter
> > Format
> > 192.168.0.102    (None)      df92fb1b-8a  00101/03059  00000ms  0000ms
> > UNKN

You most probably have a "register =>" statement in your sip.conf where
you don't use username nor password, otherwise you'd see the username
here.

See this mailing list for similar reports - I also have this on one of my
machines: 8 x 2 channels for (repetitive) registration attempts to 2
accounts at sipgate.de. Looks weird indeed as "show channels" reveals 0
channels in use.

Cheers, Philipp