[Asterisk-Users] codec used on E1

Bill Carroll bill.carroll at oakhillgroup.com
Thu May 20 09:16:17 MST 2004

I've got a * box with a TDM40B and an E100P. The E1 is connected to a Shout900 VoIP gateway from net.com. My question is, when I place a call from an analog phone and that call is routed over the E1, what encoding is used? And do I have any control over that? I'm obviously not an expert here, but the Shout900 vendor is claiming that some difficulties that we are having with integration are due to the use of ADPCM encoding on the E1 and he is saying we should be using A-Law or Mu-Law. I can't find anywhere that ADPCM is referenced as a codec that would be used in my situation or how I would set it if it was an option.

Thanks for any help.

Bill Carroll
The OakHill Group