[Asterisk-Users] Softphone Audio problem

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu May 20 06:18:16 MST 2004

As a test, I was trying to use Iaxcomm and Iaxphone to connect to
Asterisk and dial out to my other line.  Using either of these soft
phones, I can connect to Asterisk and listed to audio just fine.  I can
even connect across the net to another asterisk server and hear audio
just fine, however, when I dial out to my second land line the audio
that is transmitted is horribly broken up.  It is as if the audio stream
is broken into 8 parts every second and then every other part is
dropped.  I then tried the asterisk echo test and got the same thing.  I
am running Asterisk under RH9 on an AMD 2600+ 512 Mb RAM Desktop and the
soft phones on my laptop running Windows XP (Laptop is Sony Vaio
PCG-GRT815E, 2.8 Ghz processor, 512Mb Ram).

Is this an asterisk problem or a soft phone problem?  If asterisk, any
ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Andy Farnsworth