[Asterisk-Users] Using stutter dialtone like the PSTN does

Richard Fall rfall at witsend.com
Wed May 19 22:19:15 MST 2004

A question:  is there any way to get * to answer certain DTMF sequences
entered on an extension with a stutter tone?

Long version:  I would like to add features to my dialplan like "Caller ID
Unblock" which work in the same way that the PSTN works:  I pick up
the phone, get a regular dialtone, press *82, and get a short stutter
dialtone which confirms acceptance of the request, and then it's back to
a standard dialtone, and I dial the number.

Seems to me that I'd have to make changes to the * code somewhere to
do this, but I'm not sure I know where to start.  Or is there already
a way to do this in the current extensions.conf?

- Rich