[Asterisk-Users] persistant call variables

Wed May 19 19:50:07 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 22:58, Mike Sturdee wrote:
> Are there any variables or structure elements unique to a call that stay
> till the end of a call -- including when caller enters a queue and then
> bridged with agent. I am trying to get some variables about the caller in
> an AGI script when the agent's phone is ringing, and I'm finding not even
> the queue name the caller just came from can be found. Using the callers
> wait time in queue would also be useful in the AGI.

I posted a patch which does exactly this just 2 days ago. Look for
subject "PATCH - Adds a set'able text string for each channel"

The value can only be set from the manager interface though...

Two people gave suggestions on ways in which it could be improved, but I
haven't had a chance to look at them yet. Either way, in it's current
form, it might work for you.

As a side note, we are using it on a live asterisk box, and it is
working quite nicely so far.

Regards,
Adam