[Asterisk-Users] call announce?

Gavin Hollinger digium.com at gavinhollinger.com
Wed May 19 16:44:12 MST 2004

app_valetparking is a major improvement to call parking, however, I think
to really do this correctly it will need a custom app that is over my
head.

I have been using the find me follow me feature of some other system
(don't even know who made it) for 3 years and love it so much I would like
to get a similar feature into asterisk so others could enjoy it.  It is
really handy for my family and friends to only need one number and no
extension, room number etc. to reach me when I travel.  However, it is
beyond my skill.  Several people have mentioned they would like this
feature.  Perhaps if enough of us could contribute $20.00 we could get
someone to build a great Find me follow me application for CVS.

I would be willing to paypal my $20 donation today.  Want to give it a try
Brian?

Just imagine this:

*CLI> show application findme
*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'FindMe' =-

[Synopsis]:
Place multiple calls and prompt with connect options.

[Description]:
  FindMe(Technology/resource[|options][&Technology2/resource2|options2...][|timeout][|options])

'o' -- Dial all Technology/resource's one by one in order specified.
'b' -- Bulk Dial all Technology/resource's simultaneously

I expect most of the other options would be basically the same as app_dial
except you would need to be able to background multiple files while
waiting for a single digit selection.  The other thing you would need is
the 'D([digits])' option to be different for each Technology/resource.
Some people need to be located at their work extension, hotel room, or a
toll free number with a pin, etc.  But don't want the pause and dtmf on
the home , cell and SIP phone.

Some logic would be needed to have several off hook calls playing menu
options then hangup all of them but the one that punched in an option
first.

I hate when I am temporarily at a phone without caller ID or number only
caller ID.  8-)  So, some cool options that the find me follow me I use
now does not have would be:

4 - play the caller id digits.
5 - spell out the caller id name.
6 - go to some other context for more choices