[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Compact PCI platform

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Wed May 19 15:50:04 MST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 18:07, Kyle Hagan wrote:
> I had considered trying this but from what I have read flash drive have
> a 1million read write life expetancy?
> If you were to use one of these as your harddrive would it not wear out
> pretty quick?
>
> Or am I wrong?
>
> Kyle

One idea is to have a linux/asterisk version on the flash drive that
boots and load everything into memory, with ramdisk et all. Similar to a
linux/asterisk bootable from CD. But with the flash disk you can
configure asterisk without the need to burn another CD or use a flacky
floppy... The flash disk is only read when the machine boots. You can
write to it for configuration data... 1 million times will last much
more than a regular hard disk this way. But you will still need a hard
disk for voicemails...

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>
House Internet S.R.L.