[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed May 19 15:14:38 MST 2004

>You're missing the point, Brian. Those comments were in response to your
>statement that essentially said there isn't a problem because your system
>is working fine. And based on your comment, your primary (only?) iax link
>is to Nufone.

Just to thow in my comments here, time and time again we have upgraded
all our boxes to the latest CVS Head (and even by doing fresh
checkouts).  The SIP-IAX2-SIP Timestamp issue has continued (no other
Service Providers involved in our tests).  We have opened multiple bugs
(and we provided that rtp.c hack in one of those bugs).  Our opinion is
that a system, such as * that converts media streams from one type of
channel to another or from one codec to another should NOT carry over
the TimeStamp.  Instead it should generate a fresh new one on each
outgoing stream, that way guaranteeing a consistent delta spacing.  We
are quite happy with the rtp.c hack and will continue to use it for the
time being.

Andres