[Asterisk-Users] problem with ignorepat

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed May 19 15:00:19 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 14:44, Bruce Komito wrote:
> I have placed "ignorepat => 9" in just about every context I can think of
> in my extensions.conf, but yet when I dial 9 from my sip devices, the
> dialtone is broken.  I even tried a nearly untouched version of samples,
> and it stil doesn't work.  Is there something somewhere else that needs to
> be set to make this work properly, like may in the sip device itself?

Covered before.

With SIP the dialtone is a local function not a remote function. If you
are wanting the sip device to act like a zap device, you would either
need to have the 9 do a dial to asterisk which could then provide
further dialtone, or figure out your sip configuration on the device you
arfe using.