[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Compact PCI platform

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 14:47:33 MST 2004

It can from an NFS mounted image just fine.  You don't
need to spend the bucks on flash RAM.  Linux can boot
off the net then do the moont.  This machine is also
"headless" (no CRT or keyboard) and no CD, HD or Floppy.

I wish the AMD CPU would run without a fan on the heat sink
but when I disable the fans temps go way up.

--- Jay Milk <jay at skimmilk.net> wrote:
> Since this is related... Does anyone have Asterisk working on a
> Flash-drive?  I was considering this as an alternative to having a
> harddrive in my machine, thus keeping down noise and heat.  A 512MB
> CF
> card should be plenty to get Linux and * booted, another 64 or 128MB
> card should be plenty for voice-mail and such.  Any takers?

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550