[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk External Ringing

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed May 19 10:36:12 MST 2004

Paul Tyreman [paul at tyreman.org.uk] wrote:
> When I installed my X100P card there was a two ring delay before the
> phone started to ring.
>
> I managed to solve that by stopping the Caller Line ID being passed to
> the phone.  I'm in the UK so that doesn't matter anyway.
>
> The problem that I have now is that when a call comes in on the external
> phone line and it is answered by a standard
> phone (not connected to Asterisk), the IP Phones that are connected to it
> ring for another two rings.
>
> This is very irritating especially if the call is answered on a standard
> phone in the same room as an IP Phone.
>
> Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem ?

You should run your other phones through the Asterisk box.  The Sipura
SPA-2000 is very cheap and can handle two analogue phones.

Note that by switching off the Caller*ID support, you can't have
"distinctive ring" either - as the code stands at the moment.  It is
possible to modify the code to make it answer on the first ring, while
still maintaining support for the "distinctive ring".

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz