[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk External Ringing

Paul Tyreman paul at tyreman.org.uk
Wed May 19 09:37:29 MST 2004

Hi,

When I installed my X100P card there was a two ring delay before the phone started to ring.

I managed to solve that by stopping the Caller Line ID being passed to the phone.  I'm in the UK so that doesn't matter anyway.

The problem that I have now is that when a call comes in on the external phone line and it is answered by a standard phone (not connected to Asterisk), the IP Phones that are connected to it ring for another two rings.

This is very irritating especially if the call is answered on a standard phone in the same room as an IP Phone.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem ?

Thanks, Paul.