[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed May 19 04:04:50 MST 2004

> > You know, I'm not so sure this is limited to chan_capi. I have two
> > asterisk boxes running, with one connected to my PSTN gateway (also
> > using Asterisk).  1.0 stable works fine with my Cisco phone. CVS head
> > works if I comment out the offending lines. Without commenting them out,
> > the cisco phones drop packets like crazy. No chan_api is involved.
>
> I use two 7960s daily with cvs-head out two cisco gateways and in and out
> via nufone IAX2 without issues.
>
> The question is what is diffrent about your setup vs mine?

Brain,

As you already know, the timestamp problem with cisco phones dropping
packets has been associated with at least two channels. There are lots
of folks with iax links to external machines that none of us have any
control over, and in many cases, the people managing those external
machines are not in a position to update their code just because "I"
have a problem with audio on my Cisco phone.

I've got the problem with multiple systems (not under my control) and
the path of least resistance to continue using * with 7960's is to
remove the rtp.c timestamp code. Nufone has updated their code, but many
others have not.