[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream v1.0.4.68 firmware

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 19 02:29:47 MST 2004

Hi!

> Can you use wildcards on the caller id? Eg certain area codes get a
> certain ring type others get a different ring type?

Wildcards don't appear to be working (tried only * and ?), but partial
leading matches do. So "12" for ringtone 1 will match 1234 - unless you
have a more specific definition for ringtone 2, e.g. "123" or "1234".

> Also I have 2 pstn lines coming into asterisk, wonder if I can make one
> of them (packet8) ring a certain tone and the other pstn (telstra) ring
> a different tone.

If you are willing to (at least partially) sacrifice the real caller ID
number then all you need to do is to modify it for each incoming call in
extensions.conf to match your ring tone setup on the Grandstream.

Now all we need are better ringtones - those piano recordings aren't
really useful as also others have pointed out.

Cheers, Philipp