[Asterisk-Users] Re: G729 Segmentation fault

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Tue May 18 23:08:18 MST 2004

I'm having the exact same problems here - won't start with safe_asterisk.

I'm running a slightly dated CVS head (CVS-02/24/04-15:39:13) however I have
two machines running this date CVS, the other already has G.729 installed
and works fine - however it registered automatically with the voiceage
registration script, I have a suspicion that the manual voiceage
registration method does not work, I've received the va-certificate,
installed it and checked permissions on it as well as codec_g729b.so and
still no go.

I then noticed the g729/beta directory on ftp.digium.com and decided to give
that a go, but it tells me I've got an invalid registration key (which I cut
& pasted directly from the email so there was no chance of making a typo).

I've written a detailed email to digium support about this and will await to
see what the solution is... I'm tempted to move up to the latest CVS, but
it's just that the current one has been quite stable and I was going to wait
for the 1.0 release of asterisk.