[Asterisk-Users] want to set a var in sip.conf

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Tue May 18 21:10:31 MST 2004

Randy Bush wrote:
> i have extensions in locations across a number of telco area codes.
> when someone in seattle picks up and dials 91234567, it would be
> nice to transform it to 92061234567.  i would prefer not to have
> an extension context per area code.  it would be cool to be able
> to set a variable in the sip.conf bit for each phone with it's
> geographic default area code.
>
> or other folk may have a better hack.  please clue me.  the wiki
> did not help.  thanks.

You set their context as the area, so based on your example...

in sip.conf/iax.conf

[1234567]
username=whatever
secret=whatever
context=seattle

then in extensions.conf

[seattle]

exten => 1NXXNXXXXXX,1,goto(mail,${EXTEN},1)
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,1,goto(main,1${EXTEN},1)
exten => NXXXXXX,1,goto(main,1920${EXTEN},1)

[newyork]

exten => 1NXXNXXXXXX,1,goto(mail,${EXTEN},1)
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,1,goto(main,1${EXTEN},1)
exten => NXXXXXX,1,goto(main,1212${EXTEN},1)

then just have whatever under the main context...

--
Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!