[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Tue May 18 18:45:04 MST 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, brian k. west wrote:

> The problem isn't with asterisk chan_capi will have to be updated to deal
> with the changes.

Only someone with knowledge of the internals of * would know that the RTP
timestamps generated by * on an outgoing SIP leg would be affected by the
incoming channel type.  I saw a problem with RTP, I logged it.

> I don't see these issues in any other channel driver.

Okay, so now I know better, that the incoming channel does affect the
outgoing RTP, I have something better to go on.  Was the big RTP change in
* (circa mid-March) discussed anywhere?  Is there detail about what needs
to change in the channel drivers?  If someone can point me at some info,
I'll make the !@%#* change to chan_capi myself.  I'll even have a look at
chan_sccp since I've played with that in the past.

BTW, as I mentioned before it does take more than zeroing the delivery
field in the read function, as I tried this without success.

Is there a CVS-web of the * tree?  I don't know how to drive CVS to give
changelogs etc...  Again, if there's a way for me to find out how/what to
change, I can give it a go.

> Where are you ethereal traces so I can look over them.

I appreciate that.

http://veejoe.com.au/isdnbadcall.gz
http://veejoe.com.au/isdnbadcall2.gz

Cheers,