[Asterisk-Users] AArgh, * and the 7960

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Tue May 18 17:43:11 MST 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, brian k. west wrote:

> Lets look at this and FIX the problem instead of hacking it.  What you need
> to do is install etherreal and capture a call and parse the timestamp info
> to see if they are slipping.  Because they are perfect here.
>
> bkw

I'd love to fix the problem, but no-one is listening!

I did what you said, captured Ethereal traces, found that timestamps do
not increment, found BLATANT errors in rtp.c where a signed int is being
used to hold return values from an unsigned int function...  and had my
bug report thrown out because I am only able to reproduce the problem with
chan_capi.

Now I know that chan_capi doesn't belong to Digium, and I know that you're
all trying to get a 1.0 release out.  But this problem is really hurting
my business, and right now destroying any chance that I might start
offering Asterisk as part of commercial solutions.

Now, kapejod is not replying to my e-mails, and markster's suggestion
(from another bug report) of zeroing out the delivery field in chan_capi's
read function did not work.  So hacking is all I have left if I want to
keep using Asterisk -- which I do, because I think it's a great program
with a pretty good community around it.

Vic Cross