[Asterisk-Users] 4 X100P + 1 TDMP400(4 FXS): Only by miracle?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 18 16:00:08 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 17:42, Isamar Maia wrote:
> > I don't know what to tell you, other than to echo the statement that
> > you'll probably be better served by installing a 4 FXO TDM400P card, even
> > though that's gonna cost you another US$400.  You might try asking here on
> > the list if anybody wants to buy some X100P boards...
> >
> Sullivan,
>
> Thanks a lot. I'm trying to find a motherboard with more IRQs until today.
> If I don't get it, I'm gonna order the TDM400P(4FXO), otherwise I would
> need to have two machines what'd be a big mess.

There is a fixed number of IRQs in the x86 platform. You have even a
fixed number of IRQs in certain buses. PCI only has 4 IRQ wires in the
sockets. Anything with more than 4 PCI slots is sharing the IRQ line
with some other card unless the board is server class and is actually
running more than one PCI bus. You are more likely to spend less money
on the Digium card than a new motherboard with the specs you would need.
At least the X100Ps should maintain a fair amount of their value.