[Asterisk-Users] call announce?

Carlton J. O'Riley CORILEY at comcast.net
Tue May 18 12:47:55 MST 2004

I had to write my own Dial2 application to do this, which is a copy of the
app_dial.c source with this feature added.  I didn't have it record the
incoming caller's name, but rather prompt the answering user as to whether
or not to accept the call.  It would be trivial using extension logic to
have the call answered, prompt the user to say their name, and then announce
that with the call (using the A option with the dial command) the rest you
would have to customize yourself.