[Asterisk-Users] 4 X100P + 1 TDMP400(4 FXS): Only by miracle?

C. Sullivan feedle at feedle.net
Tue May 18 08:55:34 MST 2004

> > Have you looked at possibly using the TDM400P with 4 FXO modules?  Then
> > you would only need to have 2 cards (currently) in the system and
> > possibly have room for expansion in the future, if needed.
> >

> That's an excellent idea, and maybe the unique way out. But, what do I do
> with all my X100Ps that I bought from Digium?
> Give them back and get my money back and buy a TDM400P(4FXO) ? :-)

Isamar:

I was having the same problems with a similar board.  Unfortunately, there
are only 4 PCI IRQs for the BIOS to assign, so SOMETHING is going to end
up sharing an IRQ in your configuration, and this will break.  Perhaps
somebody needs to indicate this in a FAQ somewhere: X100P boards do _NOT_
play well together on the same interrupt.

On my box, I was having nothing but trouble with 2 X100P boards and a
TDM400P with a single FXS module.  I moved cards around, and found a
configuration that is problem free by avoiding the last (bottom: furthest
away from the AGP) slot in the system.  Since you have 5 PCI cards in your
box, it sounds like you can't really do that.  BTW: theoretically, there
is likely a way to make Linux's APIC support force them on different APIC
IRQs, but I never found a practical way to do this, nor do I know enough
about APIC to even know if this would fix the problem.

I don't know what to tell you, other than to echo the statement that
you'll probably be better served by installing a 4 FXO TDM400P card, even
though that's gonna cost you another US$400.  You might try asking here on
the list if anybody wants to buy some X100P boards...

-fedl