[Asterisk-Users] G.729 on /dev/sda

Manuel Wenger manuel.wenger at ticinocom.com
Tue May 18 07:43:12 MST 2004

I've just setup a new asterisk server, and I need to have G.729 working on this system. The problem is I don't have any IDE drives (and therefore no /dev/hda etc), but only /dev/sda.

Is there really *no* way to license G.729 on a SCSI-only system? IMHO it's really stupid to replace an entire server because of a licensing issue. There *must* be a solution.

Anyone, please? Or at least, is there anyone who knows who's the person (or the company) I should bother with this problem? Is it Digium or VoiceAge?

Thanks
-Manuel