[Asterisk-Users] Q.931 clearing causes

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Tue May 18 03:49:25 MST 2004

Dear all -

Some wisom please.  We have a need to customise the Q.931 clearing causes being sent back to the network based on decisions made in some scripts or extension logic.

i.e. I want to be able to decide to clear a call (either answered or during the alerting phase) with any clearing cause needed.  E.g.  'All circuits busy' or 'network fault' or 'vacant number' etc.  We are using Asterisk to do mobile phone testing and we need to check how our handsets behave when presented with a variety of different PSTN clearing causes.

Some pointers to where in the source code we should be looking would be great.  We can then make the tweaks and feed the changes back in to CVS if anyone else is interested in this feature.

Best Regards
Tim Robinson
Motorola Ltd
United Kingdom