[Asterisk-Users] call announce?

Gavin Hollinger digium.com at gavinhollinger.com
Mon May 17 22:22:14 MST 2004

> exten => s,5,ParkAndAnnounce

Yeah I need to elaborate on what I am trying to do.  Sorry.

Find Me Follow me.

John calls Peter and records his name.

John gets parked and listens to music.

Then I call several possible locations for Peter, simultaneously or one by
one as a selectable option.

When you dial a location looking for Peter, I want to play a recording
something like this:

"Hello 'John' holding for 'Peter' to connect the call press 1, to send to
voice mail, press 2, to keep looking, press 3"

When 1 is pressed the call is un-parked and John and Peter talk, while
peter has the power to transfer John to another number, etc.

When 2 is pressed the call goes to voice mail.

When 3 is pressed, the next possible location for 'Peter' is tried.

I ONLY want those 3 options, I don't want people connecting to other
peoples parked calls etc.

Thanks

Gavin