[Asterisk-Users] RE: question on domains requiring SRV lookups within asterisk

asterisknow asterisknow at golinx.net
Mon May 17 13:56:36 MST 2004

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on using SRV records in
conjunction with *.  I have a domain in my sip.conf file that utilizes SRV
records to direct SIP traffic when using the regular domain name (i.e.
sip:number at domain.com) in the SIP uri to a SNOM 4S proxy to which this
particular end user is registered (have to do it there and not the
asterisk).  However when I look at an ethereal trace from the * server on an
inbound call from the PSTN (over a SIP interconnect), it looks like the * is
doing just a regular DNS lookup when it sends the INVITE out even though I
have srvlookup=yes in the sip.conf file.  My assumption is that the srv
record in the DNS is set up correctly (which could be the wrong assumption),
since the SNOM proxy and my outbound proxy are able to resolve the SRV
lookup correctly.  Is there any specific command or port designation that
needs to be added in the "host=" line in a given context?  Any suggestions
would be welcome.

Tom Schroer