[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID from Call Pickup

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Sun May 16 19:08:56 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to get Caller ID information from a Call
Pickup. specifically on a Cisco 79xx SIP handset.

I've setup a speed dial line on my 7940 to dial *8 so I can quickly pickup a
call, but because the 7940 initiates the call the information on the screen
is "To: *8"

I gather because of the call setup it's probably not possible to extract the
caller ID details of the call that was picked up (ie change the display to
"From: 12345678 Fred"), but just curious none the less if there's an option
somewhere I've missed that would allow you to do this?

Cheers,

Chris Lee