[Asterisk-Users] Re: Invalid module format in 2.6.5 after running make linux26

Rob McGee asterisk at richardthecomputerguy.com
Fri May 14 19:29:07 MST 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 18:08 -0500, I wrote:
> I am guessing that the zaptel and the kernel need to be built with
> the same compiler. I am also guessing that if I set the symlink as
> the README-Linux26 file said, and then run "make install" on the
> Asterisk machine, I'll be okay. (The Asterisk machine can mount the
>[snip]
> I will try the above idea and report back. If anyone has any words of

Report. Well, I have made progress, but it's ugly, and not working yet.
I found that by building the zaptel package on the machine from whence
came the kernel (gcc-3.2), I get /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc. The
`uname -r` being on THAT machine, of course.

I copied those drivers right on over to my Asterisk machine's
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc (this one being the 2.6.6), ran depmod -a,
modprobe -v wcfxs ... success!
$ dmesg | tail -14
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0b.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:02.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:11.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:13.1
Freshmaker version: 63
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS
Module 1: Not installed
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

But asterisk fails to start, and here's why:
# ztcfg -v

Zaptel Configuration
======================

0 channels configured.

ztcfg won't configure my channel. With a bit of investigation I found
why: the upgrade (did I mention that I upgraded to this morning's CVS
of zaptel, libpri and asterisk?) overwrote my zaptel.conf file. Bad! A
Makefile bug? No, probably user error. I used checkinstall on the other
machine to build a package of the modules, and I think that is how the
default zaptel.conf got there. Fortunately mine is very simple.

Next hurdle ... we now have a pgsql module, and a
    noload => cdr_pgsql.so
in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf got me up and running.

So I lied up above: it IS working. :) (No, when I wrote that it was
true, but it has since changed.) I managed to avoid the hex editor.
Nothing to see here, move along, have a nice day, thank you very much.

--
    Rob McGee
    Richard the Computer Guy, L.L.C.