[Asterisk-Users] MGCP information

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Fri May 14 19:14:33 MST 2004

I have read over the archives and am still a little confused about mgcp
support in asterisk.

I realize the mgcp channel is server side only (but jump in and correct me
if I got this wrong.)

I have seen a few references to sip<>mgcp interteroperability in patches,
so now I am wondering what the case is with support in the code.

What I actually want to do is have asterisk act as the client for an mgcp
pstn gateway service (primus.ca). Can asterisk do this ? If not is there
any particular technical reason in the way of a channel driver for this,
or simply not the demand up till now ?

The reasons for this provider choice aren't pretty - just that they are
the only provider with number migration capabilities in the CO where I
need them.

Jon Pounder
Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com