[Asterisk-Users] Loop length supported by FXS module on Wildcat TDM400 card

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri May 14 16:27:38 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 16:12, Elliot Eichen wrote:
> Does anyone know (appoximately) the max loop length that the FXS module on a
> Wildcat TDM400 card will drive an analog phone(over standard - say cat3 or
> 26 gage twisted-pair wire).  It's clearly not going to be 18kft, but perhaps
> 4000 feet?

I'd be wary of 4kft even if it could do it. Thats a long way for
something to short/introduce power and fry your complete computer.  It
would be pretty easy to put a cheap pc local and run a few feet of
cable. This is especially true if you run more than one line.

Considering the last time I priced cable, a 4000ft run would cost as
much as the card or more, just put a machine local to that extension.