[Asterisk-Users] SoftPhone to SoftPhone with No Voice

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Fri May 14 16:18:47 MST 2004

Do you have iptables turned on with rules that restrict packets to the
RTP ports?  Try doing an iptables --flush then see if it works. If so,
you'll need to open up the UDP ports that RTP is configured to use.

Normally Asterisk would open up the firewall by sending packets out
those ports, but when both sides of the call live outside the firewall
(iptables in this case) and they're both SIP you'll have this problem.
See my previous posting for a more detailed explanation (or email me
directly).

-brian