[Asterisk-Users] How to Echo extension number to caller?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri May 14 12:09:56 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 13:47, Paul Mahler wrote:
> I need to dial an extension that tells me what extension I'm dialing from.
>
> I'm running a bunch of analog phones off a channel bank to * over a T1. I
> have the following in extensions.conf.
>
> exten => 98,1,SayDigits(${EXTEN})
>
> This says the digits the caller enters on the keypad, not the extension they
> are calling from.

[general]
critch=Zap/15

[extensions]
exten => 112,1,dial(${critch}) ; primary extension

exten => 113,1,dial(${critch}) ; former employee, cover extension

exten => 5,1,dial(${critch}) ; Tech support entry

[did]
exten => 9012,1,dial(${critch}) ; did entry

[testing]
exten => 46,1,dial(${critch}) ; in bound from another *

What extension am I???? Your problem is in not understanding that you
are at an interface, not an extension.

If you wanted to create a lookup table of interfaces to primary
extensions, that would be possible. You would use something like CHANNEL
for that.