[Asterisk-Users] OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!! NOT!!!

George Pajari George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca
Fri May 14 11:34:10 MST 2004

> Oh well... I'm not disputing the fact that voip CAN be insecure..
> but it can also be secured.

When I'm at a customer site proposing a VoIP solution the question of
security will frequently come up. I then take my butt set (with alligator
clips) into their telephone closet and give them an introduction to how
truly secure landline conversations are. Few bother to sit through my
presentation on VPNs after that.

Further to that point I was at the demarcation block for my own house this
morning just checking on some lines (we have eight trunks into our home but
that's another story). I was IDing the lines into the block and came across
a pair that was not a number we were using or being billed for. A little
checking and it turns out to be the primary residential service to a house
down the block.

VoIP insecure? Compared to what?

George Pajari
netVOICE communications