[Asterisk-Users] Re: g.729 - licenses and opinions

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri May 14 07:52:01 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 03:11, nicolas wrote:
> The problem are not 10$ the problem is:
> with my snom200 for example is do not work !
> if i make a call with g729 then the keys on my phone do not work anymore.

"DTMF is broken" is almost always an issue of having either Asterisk or
the phone set to INBAND DTMF with a compressed codec.  You can't do
that.  You need to set the phone an Asterisk to either RFC2833 or INFO
mode for DTMF.  Inband DTMF only works (well) with ulaw and alaw (G711)
codecs.

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows