[Asterisk-Users] Psssst. The US is asleep - let's talk internationalization !!!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri May 14 05:10:17 MST 2004

Guan Yang wrote:

>> How about having a number of default language (locale) names, but allow
>> the user to define his own. For example some people might want to offer
>> the option of male and female voices for English.

You've always had that option. What we're sorting out is not the actual files,
but the language syntax. You can always replace the files for a language.

And with a en_us syntax, in most cases, the *SYNTAX* of saying things will
depend on the first part "en". We could add the possibility of choosing a
voice directory based on a third part, say
en_us-female
se-male
fr-mistress
fr_be

Interesting idea. However, the US seems to be awake now :-)

/O