[Asterisk-Users] Can asterisk be programmed to make "alarmcalls"?

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Thu May 13 19:06:51 MST 2004

Thanks Steve,

I have created this file which I call dialWAnumbers.call and cron'd it for
every 10 days as suggested below. I'm using my ZAP card but I'd rather
dial out over my VoIP provider. I haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing i
can do something like Channel: SIP/WAstatenumber at voip-provider ?

Channel: ZAP/1/13603821962
MaxRetries: 3
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 15
#
# Assuming that your outgoing call logic is kept in the
#  context called [outgoing]
#
Context: antidiscorobot
Extension: 555

The context "antidiscorobot" is as follows

exten => 555,1,Answer
exten => 555,2,Festival(Hello.)
exten => 555,3,Festival(I am the anti disconnect robot.)
exten => 555,4,Festival(I am calling to prevent the loss of your)
exten => 555,5,Festival(free Washington State phone number.)
exten => 555,6,Festival(I will call again in 10 days. Thank you.)
exten => 555,7,Wait(1)
exten => 555,8,Hangup

Thanks again de Mark