[Asterisk-Users] g.729 - licenses and opinions

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu May 13 17:58:12 MST 2004

> Patents are a trade. The holder of the IP opens it up for public
> scrutiny and in return for exclusive control. Otherwise, companies would
> (and often do) keep the IP a trade secret.

Is that not exactly what I said?

AK >He was given those patents as in incentive to invent something that he
AK > could SELL without everyone on the planet copying his hard work and
AK > competing on his idea.  Patents put the process out in the public so that
AK > it's easy to see when someone's infringing.

Hmm I think that's more or less exactly what I said, isn't it?  True you said
it clearer but I don't think I'm off enough for a BZZT.  :-)

-A.