[Asterisk-Users] Re: Budgetone iLBC to IAX2 iLBC

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu May 13 14:23:56 MST 2004

In article <01e101c438f9$538e1890$5f7ba8c0 at gnome.co.uk>,
Chris Stenton <jacs at gnome.co.uk> wrote:

> I have updated my budgetone phone to the 1.04.63 firmware and am trying to
> use the iLBC codec
> for IAX2 passthrough to my PSTN breakout provider. The IAX2 gateway is set
> to use only iLBC. However, the SIP connection  from the budgetone to the *
> server will use any other codec in preference to iLBC. If I force the SIP
> connection to be iLBC only, then it will make an iLBC connection. This makes
> me think that the iLBC codec in asterisk has a different sampling rate or
> payload size to default budgetone values. Anyone tell me what payload and
> sampling rate * uses for iLBC?

Firstly, in sip.conf you list all the codecs you will allow. I have:

allow=ilbc
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm

Then in the admin web page of the Budgetone, you list the codecs in order
of preference. I have iLBC first, then PCMA, then PCMU, then the others.

The phone then chooses to use iLBC no problem, as shown by "sip show channels".
Using the demo to connect to Digium also works.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield