[Asterisk-Users] g.729 - licenses and opinions

Joseph Finley jfinley at prcontrol.com
Thu May 13 13:53:06 MST 2004

I think you "patent haters" are looking at the negative aspect only.
Remember, that competition drives innovation.  If everyone used the same
product there would be no incentive to develop anything new or along the
same lines, where's reward to innovate if there is no incentive, why do it?
Incentive being the $$ for your work.  This thread could go further into
music, art, publications, pharmaceuticals, etc.  I don't believe in
monopolies, but it would lead to an intellectual monopoly thus a stagnant
never changing technology.  I know the concept will be hard to understand
for some.  Don't flame, just understand the other side.

Joe