[Asterisk-Users] Dell server for asterisk question!

Tony Kava asterisk at pottcounty.com
Thu May 13 11:22:07 MST 2004

> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 08:55, Jeff Roberts wrote:
> > I second that warning to stay away from the perc raid, I
> > have one that continuously deals me fits.
>
> Please take this to the actual PERC mailing list and see
> where you get. Dell is nice enough to host the list to try
> and fix the problem. Last I cared to look at it, it was just
> some 2650's and 1750's that had problems, and that was
> limited sometimes to certain firmwares on the drives.

I think I've said it before on this list or another, but I've have not
experienced any problems with the PERC3 or PERC4 controllers on our Dell
PowerEdge 1650, 1750, 2600, and 2650 machines.  All but three of our servers
are running RHEL 3 including ten 1750 servers.  Previously these same
machines ran RHEL 2.1.  Aside from the fact that RHEL 2.1 did not support
the PERC out of the box (needed to use a driver disk from Red Hat during
install) everything has been fine.

--
Tony Kava
Senior Network Administrator