[Asterisk-Users] Dell server for asterisk question!

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Thu May 13 07:00:52 MST 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Jeff Roberts wrote:
> I second that warning to stay away from the perc raid, I have one that
> continuously deals me fits.

I've got a couple dozen of them and never had any problems. They are
running everything from redhat 6.2 to fedora to rhel 3.

dave

> Leo Ann Boon wrote:
> > The TE410P works with the 2650, I had 1 in there for months. One other
> > thing, avoid the PERC RAID. The Linux driver in kernel 2.4 series is
> > not very stable.
> >
> > FYI.
> >
> > Bartosz Jozwiak wrote:
> >
> >> I am planning to buy Dell 2650 server with dual Xeon processors.
> >> And I would like to buy two TE410P cards for PCI with 3,3v.
> >>
> >> This is on Dell site about PCI slots for Dell 2650 server:
> >> 3 PCI-X (1x64-bit/133MHz, and 2x64-bit/100MHz)
> >> Does that mean I will be able to buy two TE410P cards ?
> >> Or I need to buy two TE405P cards ?
> >>
> >> Thanks for help.
> >> bartek

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                      encroachments of those in power than by violent
                      and sudden usurpations."- James Madison