[Asterisk-Users] Losing my PRI Interface every 20-30 minutes???

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Wed May 12 21:07:16 MST 2004

Dear All,

I'm having a problem with my Asterisk + E100P Installation in UK (BT PRI).

The system functions as expected, and my dial plan works as expected. 30
minutes (or so) after starting the asterisk service I lose the PRI line, and
only get this back after a service asterisk restart or reboot. During the
failure there is no alarm on zttool, ztcfg show all 31 lines and there are
no 'stuck' channels when I do a zap show channels.

I'm using version 0.7.1 (need some agent features that I have patched into
this copy), on Red Hat 9.0. I have had this combination system working in my
data center in the USA since December with no problems.

I'm not sharing an IRQ cat /proc/interrupts and there are no warnings in
/var/log/messages.

Here is a copy of my Zapata and Zaptel.conf files;

The following options are switched on in my zaptel.conf;

#loadzone = us
#loadzone=it
#loadzone=fr
#loadzone=de
loadzone=uk
#loadzone=fi
#loadzone=jp
#loadzone=sp
#loadzone=no
defaultzone=uk

#Dornoch ISDN
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

I have the following options in my Zapata.conf;

language=en
switchtype=euroisdn
;
; PRI Dialplan:  Only RARELY used for PRI.
;
; unknown:        Unknown
; private:        Private ISDN
; national:	  National ISDN
; international:  International ISDN
;
; I have tried both national and unknown
pridialplan=unknown
;
overlapdial=yes
signalling=pri_cpe
;
usecallerid=yes
;
threewaycalling=yes ;
transfer=yes echocancel=yes
;
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
;
group=1
;
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

; added this following a posting in news group
busydetect=1
busycount=7
;
context=inbound
channel => 1-15,17-31

I do see these messages in the CLI, but from what I hear they are common?

CLI error messages;

May 13 03:27:51 WARNING[1192437440]: chan_zap.c:5834 zt_pri_error: PRI: Read
on 49 failed: Unknown error 500
May 13 03:27:53 WARNING[1192437440]: chan_zap.c:5834 zt_pri_error: PRI: Read
on 49 failed: Unknown error 500
May 13 03:27:55 WARNING[1192437440]: chan_zap.c:5834 zt_pri_error: PRI: Read
on 49 failed: Unknown error 500

I would appreciate any insights from anyone who may have had and resolved a
similar problem.

Thanks

Shad Mortazavi
Nexus Technical Manager