[Asterisk-Users] problems with analog interface to PBX

Dan Fernandez danfernandez00 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 15:58:59 MST 2004

Folks,

For the last few days I've been trying to experiment with a Panasonic  PBX and an X100P but have run into quite a few problems which I am not sure if they can be solved with this type of card (how about TDM01B?)

1) I wanted to use *'s IVR capabilities, so I routed the calls to the extension where the x100p was connected to.

Asterisk should answer the call, playback a message, dial another PBX extension and if no one answers dial another extension (via IAX).

The first problem I ran into was that the Flash application doesn't really work. To get around this I added another x100p to dial the new extension. The problem I ran here was that even though I specified in the Dial app to just dial for 30 seconds, it rang forever as if * cannot recongnize that no one had picked up.  Asterisk does seem to detect hangups and busy tones (I have busydetect=yes and busycount=10)

Am I trying to do something that the x100p is not capable of?  Would making changes to the indications.conf help at all?

2) I would also like to use * for voicemail. The user should be able to dial the extension where the x100p is connected and asterisk recognized the extension the user is dialing and request for the password? Is this possible?

Thanks
Dan