[Asterisk-Users] Dell server for asterisk question!

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Wed May 12 15:15:06 MST 2004

It would depend on how many conversations would be occurring at once, and
what type of codecs will be used.

There is a page on the Wiki which discusses maximum sizing:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+dimensioning

But it seems clear from the Wiki that 240 channels (8 E1's) is NOT likely to
work if lots of transcoding will occur.  So you need to consider your
architecture.

Regards
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel