[Asterisk-Users] SIP calls-per-second performance test tool

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Wed May 12 12:42:06 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 16:16, John Todd wrote:
> http://sipp.sourceforge.net/
>
> Anyone care to throw this at Asterisk to see what happens?   I would,
> but I am having significant temporal shortfalls recently due to the
> apparent warping of the space/time continuum when I answer the phone
> with clients/associates.  It seems that entire days pass by before I
> hang up... very odd, and very counter-productive to getting good
> Asterisk work done.

	I´m playing with it.
	Remember to increase the max number of file descriptors and RTP ports.
	I have reached 1500 concurrent SIP/GSM calls against the Echo
application at 50cps of 10s duration on a Xeon 2.4Ghz single cpu. Anyway
I´m trying to make a more real scenario since I believe Echo application
doesn´t process audio too much just copies it.
	When testing I monitor Asterisk against a 7960 calling MusicOnHold at
about 500-600 concurrent calls I start to have audio dropouts.

--
Juanjo sin .sig