[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 200

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Wed May 12 10:44:30 MST 2004

My overall impression with the SNOM 200 phones is quite good. Snom (or the
people at ABP) have helped me resolve most of the issues that I had with
them.

Good:
Five lines
Headset support for both 1/8" and RJ11 cables
Attended transfer and conference calling
Address book
Multiple rings based on caller and callee
Speakerphone
Works just fine in all core functionality

Bad:
The handset and phone are too light
It's not possible to do a blind transfer while someone is on hold
The call parking feature doesn't work with asterisk unless you use the
#-transfer feature (this is *'s fault, not SNOMs)
In a recent update they took away my ability to switch between headset and
handset during a call :( I was using that.

I'm also having some volume issues with these phones, but I think the
problem is with the telco and our bad phone lines, not the phones.

--Ernest