[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Questions

Santiago Aguiar santi at netlabs.com.uy
Wed May 12 10:12:44 MST 2004

hi everyone!

Two days ago we installed asterisk in our labs to do some testing and
try the product with a couple of ITGs. Overall, we really loved it! We
found it easy to configure and manage, and with good debugging options.

There are a couple of questions I would like to ask:

a) We had some authentication issues trying to register a Planet ITG
with asterisk. Apparently, asterisk ignored the username attribute on
the sip.conf entry:
[10]
type=friend
username=foo
secret=foosec
host=dynamic
context=sip-call

The ITG was connecting as 'sip:10@<ITG-IP>' and its md5 was calculated
using the specified user 'foo'. However, asterisk was using '10' to
calculate the md5, and therefore authentication failed.  We don't know
if we found a bug or we are doing something wrong ;) (the code in
question is in channels/chan_sip.c:3812, were it looks it sends
peer->name instead of peer->username, on v0.9.0).

b) Is it possible to make asterisk play a file in a codec supported by
the client?? We tried to play tt_monkeys, but we got an error when
passing from GSM to g723, which is ok, but the client supported g711
also, and I suppose it could be used by asterisk. We added allow=g711 to
sip.conf and it worked (however, we had an error if we used allow=all
since it tried sending
in gsm, which wasn't supported by the ITG).

c)  We are getting some
NOTICE: sched.c:218 sched_settime: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
on the CLI, we don't know yet its cause or what it means.

thanks a lot for the support!

saludos! santiago.
*netlabs*
Palmar 2548