[Asterisk-Users] cdr_mysql - would index slow down?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Wed May 12 07:24:33 MST 2004

Roger-

Assuming that you have a fast machine, and a reasonably fast disk, I don't
anticipate a problem at this call level.

At one customer site, I have 5 systems, each running 120 lines with very
high call volume - no problem with MySQL keeping up.  This customer uses
asterisk for IVR, not VoIP, and so has a higher rate of call setups than a
typical VoIP setup would.

I tend to clear out my DB's way before they reach 1,000,000 records however.
You might consider doing what I do, and that's have a Perl process on each
machine that transfers the DB records off to a database server on a very
regular basis.  I do it because of multiple machines - you might do it to
maintain large numbers of records on-line.

Cheers
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel
President,