[Asterisk-Users] Needed Open Ports

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed May 12 06:39:21 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 07:08, Martin Mielke wrote:
> surely this has been posted before but the archives don't offer a
> 'search' functionality and I need an answer really soon on this
> subject... so, my apologies.

site:lists.digium.com in addition to your other query terms.

> Which ports (range) must be open on a firewall, either TCP and/or UDP,
> for Asterisk to work correctly?

That depends on the protocol:

IAX 5036
IAX2: 4569
SIP: 5060 + RTP ports for audio which vary depending on the client

I don't recall the ports for SCCP, H323, or MGCP but in addition to the
ports for the protocol, they all use RTP for the audio.
All the above ports are UDP.  The manager interface to Asterisk uses a
TCP port.  You can find all this by using the information above to
search the mailing list archives via Google.

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows